
When we were in Vegas, I purchased these souvenir license plates with the intention of making a purse out of them...they evolved into this 12 x 6 scrapbook! I cut the pages out of 12 x 12 chipboard and punched the holes. It is being held together by 2 inch binder rings that I got from staples!
Here is a peek inside...

I included our real ticket stubs from the airline at the bottom of the page. I ran them through my xyron laminator before attaching them. The sign at the top has stickles around it. It is sparkly when you look at it, but my photography skills don't really show it. There are round page pebbles over the letters spelling "welcome".

On the bottom left of the page, I included our hotel key from the luxor. You can't see the journaling, but what it says is "This is the key to our room from the Luxor. We were given an extra at check in and I was going be sly and take it home with us as a souvenir. I found out at checkout that the give all of the guests the keys to take with them. So much for being sly".

The word Vegas on the right page is a rub on! This was my first time using rub on's and I LOVE THEM!!! The rub on already had the yellow dots in it, I accented them with yellow stickles. They are all sparkly!!!

I used rub on stitches on the right page and for the first time I stamped on top of a photograph! The round journaling spot on the right page was stamped and it took forever to set.

Another new thing that I tried thanks to my friend Gretchen (I scraplifted the idea from her)...the picture along the top looks like one photo, but it is actually 2 that I pieced together! Thanks for the cute idea Gretchen!!

The white box on the left page has journaling in it but wouldn't show up in any of the pictures! :(


I went old school on the left page and cut around one of my pictures. Of course, it is accented with stickles (I'm obsessed with them)!!

That's it! It was soo fun to break away from the 12x12 size and experiment with this. It really makes ya think!! I think I am going to make a magnetic closure for it...still brainstorming on that part.
Hugs and Happy Scrapping!
Heather


3 comments:
You did a great job! I've never done any thing other than a 12x12. I have bought some stuff to do a few smaller ones and one art journal (haven't had time or space to do that yet). It looks really great! and a fantastic idea using the plates.
What a great awesome idea! I am a new scrapper and I got tons of ideas from you in this one blog! :) I think it is funny that once you start scrapping every photo op becomes a scapping op haha
great job! thanx for sharing!
Juanita
OMG SO cute! I cannot wait to see it in person! Thanks for the shout out! LoL, but how many ideas have I "scraplifted" off of you!!! Really really creative! I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment