Saturday, November 24, 2007

Christmas Decorating

I recently started decorating the house for Christmas. Here are a few scenes from the house...This is the little scene next to our tv. The gingerbread house is a tart burner that I purchased at The Candle Factory in Beachwood. I am burning Evergreen Scented Soy Beads in it. The house smells sooo good right now. I was hunting around for some cute picks to go in my plants and I found this little guy...isn't he cute!! The plants that he is sticking out of is on the ledge between our living room and kitchen, and it happens to be right next to Blue's cage. I think the bird is too small for her to notice. I thought it would be cute for her though.
I visited a web page a few days ago that showed me how to make this .it is a Styrofoam cone that I wrapped in fancy yarn. So fast and soo easy to make. I purchased three little wood star for the top and I hot glued them together to form a circle. I made a second smaller one too. They are both sitting amongst the plants on the ledge. I also added a few pom pom's to the top of it to give it color. Wish I could find that site again. If I find it I will share it with you guys.

No tree pictures to show you yet. We are getting a real one from the local fire department here in Beachwood and they aren't in just yet. Did anyone notice, these aren't camera pictures? Yep, my camera is fixed. The part came yesterday and I did surgery on it and put the new battery cover on.

More later!
Hugs and Happy Creating!
Heather

p.s. OMG, it took me almost an hour to do this post. The door bell is ringing off the hook today. I had to keep going to answer it. I am soo not that popular usually. Chinese food guy, mailman with goodies from RV were ok. but the third, someone from the election board for someone running. I shooed her away!! Bye for now. Off to work!!

1 comment:

alittlebitofscrap said...

Cute decorations. I'm glad your camera is fixed now.