Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One big post (and more happiness)!!!!!

I thought since I am sitting here waiting for my nails to dry, that I would try and post a few things I've been doing. I finished yet another project that I started in December...yes, I'm just a bit behind on things.

I got this cute little mini chipboard book as a add on with the December RV kit and I just finished it.

This a mini book of our Christmas traditions. There are still blank pages in it because I intend to add to it in the coming years. I am soo loving this book!

Moving on...I posted that I was working on something with my 2008 word "more". This is something that was inspired by a post on Ali Edwards blog as a weekend creative. I had some chipboard letters left over from the Ranger class that I took and I put some glossy crackle accents over them. That was the drying time I hated! Then, I wiped them with some acrylic paint and when they were dry I put them on my inspiration board in my scrap area. I have only had them hanging there for a few days now and they are a great inspiration. I see them every morning when I wake up and when I lay down to sleep. They are really helping to keep me focused.

I just got done with my Subject 3 for Overlooked. My layout is done and I am proud to say that I did two things on this layout (maybe even more) that I've never done...I used Blue and I Doodled on it!! Doodling is so outside the box for me, so I think this is a small step in a positive direction.

And now the happiness that I promised...I was going to post a pic for this a few days ago with the other happiness stuff but I didn't have the permission to use the pictures yet. (yes, I have it now)
These pictures are from a friend of mine. Her daughter's brownie troop marched in a St Patricks Day parade and I consider them happiness because I see the brownies doing the things that I did as a Brownie (all of those years ago) and having the fun that we had. That is a truly priceless to me! From what I hear they all had a great time! Thanks to Gretchen for lending me the pics!!

That's all folks....why do I think I am forgeting something? Oh well...my nails are dry so off to work I go.
Hugs and Happiness!
Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new pages! You are so creative! The tiny book is AdOrAbLe!!! Thanks for adding my girls! They will get a kick out of seeing it! G

alittlebitofscrap said...

Aw, brownies.. I was a brownie a long long time ago :)
I love what you did with your overlooked photos! Great layout. I haven't done mine yet. I need to find some time! The mini is adorable :) and I like your word, MORE.

MJ said...

I popped over from Overlooked to see how you did your fridge page. I am waiting for the Stampin' Up miniflyer paper that I ordered a couple weeks ago and am hoping it will give me inspiration! It was fun to see how you did yours!

Your minibook on Traditions is a great idea! I hope to incorporate these sort of ideas into my scrapbooking (organized chronologically!) Happy week ahead!