Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Our new addition!!

(Or should I say my new addition...hubby doesn't use it)

I've been hunting around lately for a good deal on a sewing machine of my own. I was sooo excited weeks ago to be given my mother's Kenmore and then crushed when it didn't work. I got a great deal on a basic Singer at Target! Not bad for 62.00...especially when it helped me make this pretty!!









This was the April project kit at RVKC. I am soo in love with this bag. I think it came out pretty darn good for a beginner that has never sewn on a sewing machine! I need to make another one now!!!

It took about three hours to do and I have a few ideas already on how I am going to customize the next one!

To see bigger pictures, you can click the images and they will open up bigger.

I used some buttons for the center of the flowers, very last minute. At the end I added the little tag with my initials on it. There is a cute little inner pocket to it that didn't photograph well!

OMG...I need more fabric now!!!
Hugs,
Heather

1 comment:

alittlebitofscrap said...

Oh Sweet! You will love making things with your sewing machine. It feels so good when you have finished something and it all turns out right.
You did an excellent job. I like the fabric. Sew ;) very pretty!!
and I must say... Great space! :)
I'm looking forward to your next finished projects outcome :)

Lisa