
These past few weeks I have been reading this book by Ali Edwards and one of the main things that stayed in my head so far is the title and info in Chapter 1. It's entitled "it is OK" and there are some powerful inspiring words there! I know already that this book is helping to change some of the ways I see things around me and my scrapbooking. Just a few quotes because I don't want to get myself in trouble sharing too much of her book...
It is OK...to let go of the feeling that you need to have a specific style
It is OK...to repeat what works for you
It is OK...to use what you have on hand
It is OK...to use the awesome products you've been collecting
I'm still in the middle of reading this great book and I will hopefully share some more insight about it later this month!
Today was another one of those 1st of the months where I said to myself that life moves fast and that you should enjoy every minute! I spent quality time with my loved ones and did just so. It's also another one of those days where I had time to think and jot down creative thoughts I had in my head. When I sat at my desk tonight though, I was unable to make anything. Is it possible to have too many ideas or too much creativity in your head? I didn't think it was, but I was wrong. I'm blessed to have wonderful product around me to capture our life and I was unable to tonight. I finally pushed away from the desk and turned out the light.
But...it is OK!! Because it is OK to be open and embrace the process of creativity!! (and I certainly have some of it going on right now!!) I am the creative director of my creativity!!
Live laugh LOVE,
Heather


1 comment:
I *love* that mug!
And I am glad you posted about this book! I'm adding it to my Amazon Wishlist! ^_^
Post a Comment