Monday, February 04, 2008

Subject 2

We have many collections in this house...tooooo many to mention. When I saw subject 2 over at Overlooked I knew exactly what I wanted to share. Here are a few pictures of my some of my Wade Whimsie's.

These are the Endangered Animals and the US animal series...

This is the Noah's Ark series....hubby got me the ark to go with it for Christmas... This is the Pet Shop Series that is out right now and the Circus series...I still need a Rabbit to complete the pet shop series...hubby also got me the pet shop as a christmas gift...
Some of them on display...

For those of you not familiar with whimsies, I will explain. In every box of Red Rose Tea bags, there is a small ceramic collectable enclosed. They are released in series....right now the "Pet Shop" collection is out.

While I have always been an avid tea drinker, I haven't always collected these. When I moved in with hubby, my MIL introduced me to Red Rose Tea Bags. It had a great taste to it and I was instanly hooked. A little while after that I found out about the Whimsies. I fell in love with them as well and started saving them and every time we got a box of tea it was a treat because I would get a new figurine.

Most of my collection was given to me. My MIL told me once after I started collecting them that there was a ziplock bag of them somewhere in the garage. After searching the garage and cleaning it out, we didn't find them. We were bummed but a few weeks later she discovered them in the attic in a box. I was sooo excited. It was like Christmas! I have added a few to the collection from our trips to yard sales and to antique shops. I'm still missing a few from the earlier series but I know in time I will get them.

What do you collect???

Hugs and Happy Collecting,

Heather

1 comment:

alittlebitofscrap said...

Wow, that is so cool. I didn't know about the tea either and we drink lots of tea around here. I will have to try some just for kicks.
I collect cigar boxes, it just happened. :)